July 22, 2022
Nikujaga - Flavoured Futari Wagyu, Potatoes and Carrots
Ingredients (for 4)
200-400gm thinly sliced Futari Wagyu Kiriotoshi
2 TBSP sugar
2 TBSP Sake
3 TBSP Soy Sauce
1 TBSP finely julienned fresh ginger
Cooked beans and broccoli or your preferred vegetables
Defrost your thinly sliced Futari Wagyu Kiriotoshi in fridge for 24 hours.
- Peel potatoes and cut each into bite-sized pieces. Soak in water for 5 minutes.
- Peel carrots and cut into similar sized pieces.
- Mix sugar, soy sauce, sake and ginger in a small pot and bring to boil.
- Add potatoes and carrots and water to cover. Make a round of baking paper with centre hole and sit right on the ingredients. Bring to boil again and simmer till potatoes and carrots are cooked.
- Add Futari Wagyu Kiriotoshi and bring to boil again till meat just changes colour.
- Serve decorated atop with cooked beans and/or broccolini slithers.