Ground Black Pepper
- Spread Ground Rock Salt and Ground Pepper over the whole cut.
- Liberally sprinkle your desired Meat Rub and place onto a raised cooling rack within your baking dish.
After an hour’s resting period at room temperature:
- Preheat either your BBQ or a pan on the stove, ensure BBQ is clean from previous oils and residue.
- Sear meat for approximately 1 minute per side on all sides.
- Ensure oven is preheated to 100 degrees celsius.
- Place meat back on the raised cooling rack in your baking dish.
- Record time and leave for approx. 45 minutes, looking for an internal temperature of 56 degrees celsius.
- After 45 miniutes, take meat out of oven, cut and check the centre.
- It should be red in the centre, with greying edges to a quarter of the way.
- Cook both sides on the open BBQ Flame for 2 – 3 minutes looking for a charcoaled finish.
- Be aware that this final cooking process can either flame up or overcook the meat if not handled correctly.
Bon Appetit !