Rostbiff - Buy Here!
Herbs – Rosemary and Thyme
- If necessary, defrost your Rostbiff in fridge for at least 24-48 hours. Once defrosted, temper Rostbiff to room temperature for one hour.
- Lightly season Rostbiff, we love the simplicity of Salt Flakes, but season with your preferred flavour of herbs such as Rosemary or Thyme as well. Optional: Tie a string around Rostbiff to preserve shape and maintain internal juiciness whilst cooking.
- Preheat your Webber or oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Place Rostbiff onto rack in a roasting dish or straight onto the bbq rack (with drip tray below) and roast according to the weight of your Rostbiff - estimate 30mins per 500g for a medium finish with an internal cooking temperature of around 52-55 degrees C, this will raise 3-5 degrees as it rests.
Or use your meat thermometer for your preferred result:
Very rare to rare: 120°F / 49°C to 128°F / 53°C.
Medium-rare: 129°F / 54°C to 134°F / 57°C.
Medium. 135°F / 57°C to 144°F / 62°C.
Medium-well. 145°F / 63°C to 155°F / 68°C.
Well done. 156°F / 69°C and up.
- Remove from oven/bbq and rest for around 10-15 minutes to allow juices to settle into roast.
- Slice your cooked Rostbiff across the grain, to your preferred thickness and enjoy!